By Linda Greene
Archived from March 22, 2018
Frosted Cinnamon Mocha Cookies
Bake time: 10-12 minutes per cookie sheet
Yields: About 3 dozen cookies
- Electric Mixer
- Large Mixing bowl
- Small Microwave Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Cookie sheet
- Measuring cup and spoon
- Parchment paper
- 1cup sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee granules or crystals
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup American Heritage Historic Chocolate Drink Mix (melted)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave American Heritage Chocolate in small bowl for one minute, stir until smooth, set aside
- Beat sugar, butter coffee and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on a medium speed.
- Mix in melted chocolate
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to mix until well blended
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon about 2″ apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in the center of the cookie
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack, Cool completely.
- Frost with Mocha Frosting
- ¼ cup of American Heritage Historic Chocolate Drink Mix (melted)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (dry)
- 3 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups of confectionary sugar
- ¼ cup of milk
- Microwave American Heritage Chocolate in small bowl for one minute, stir until smooth, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve coffee in 3 tablespoons of hot water
- Add confection sugar, butter, milk and melted chocolate, with an electric mixer on high speed mix until butter and sugar are smooth.
- If needed add an additional teaspoon or two of milk until smooth and spreadable
To order the American Heritage Chocolate Drink and other American Heritage products shop on-line at The Old North Gift Shop.