Please review the guidelines posted on this site and feel free to contact our parish office for more information and to inquire about availability. You may also complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Below are a few guidelines that apply to all weddings that take place at Old North Church:
1. Old North is an open and affirming Episcopal church. All couples are welcome.
2. Old North can seat up to 400 guests.
3. At least one of the persons being married must be a baptized Christian.
4. A minimum of 90 days’ notice, dated from the first meeting with one of the clergy, is always required. Reserving a date six months or more in advance is highly recommended
5. When one or both parties have been previously married permission to solemnize the wedding must be sought from the Bishop and a minimum of 120 days’ notice is required.
6. Marriage ceremonies are ONLY held at or after 6:00 pm, by candlelight.
7. Pre-marital counseling is required.
8. The wedding ceremony will be conducted by a priest on the staff of the Old North Church and celebrated in accordance with the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer.
9. Guest clergy are welcome to assist in the ceremony.
The fee for a wedding at Old North is $2,500 and includes:
- A general donation to support the maintenance of the church
- Clergy staff for four counseling sessions, the rehearsal and wedding ceremony
- Sexton, organist and administration fees
- The church’s peal of bells can be rung at the end of the ceremony for an additional $250.
Prior to confirming a wedding date, the couple must meet in person with a member of the Old North clergy. If all are in agreement that the wedding will take place at Old North, a $300 deposit is paid and the date is held. The final payment of $2200 must be made before or at the final counseling session.
Transportation and Parking
There is no street parking available. Space in front of the church is generally secured for one limousine and possibly one additional car. The nearest parking facility is the North End Parking Garage, entrance at 600 Commercial Street. We recommend couples use Old Town Trolley to transport guests from and to their reception venue.
Contact us for more information about weddings please fill out the form below: