Old North Church & Historic Site is currently seeking an enthusiastic and professional part-time Development Assistant for a 16- hour per week position. The person in this position will report to the Executive Director and perform development communications and data management tasks focused on the organization’s development needs. Regular duties include the following:
- Processing incoming donations according to organizational protocol;
- Entering gifts into DonorPerfect CRM;
- Processing Gift Acknowledgement letters and filing processed gifts;
- Entering data from Old North guest welcome cards into Google spreadsheet for future use in email touches;
- Helping to execute development mailings including assisting with creation and execution of the year-end annual appeal (direct mail and digital);
- Assisting Executive Director on grants administration tasks, i.e. proofreading, file management, report tracking etc.;
- Organizing and documenting a process for maintaining development files;
- Creating documentation on best practices for gift entry and acknowledgement processes;
- Keeping staff and board contact lists up to date;
- Preparing quarterly board meeting materials and taking minutes;
- Other development administration duties as assigned.
- 1+ years experience in a development role
- Hands on experience with Donor Management/ CRM software (i.e. Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Salsa, Little Green Light etc). Strong preference for Donor Perfect experience.
- Working knowledge of Mac Computers, Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to maintain and clearly document processes and organizational systems
- A demonstrated ability and willingness to learn and apply learning toward professional growth
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively to accomplish tasks
- Experience in museums, tourism, or historic preservation sectors a plus
How to apply: Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 27, 2020
Salary: Hourly employee (on site) flexible, 16 hours per week $18 per hour.
Visitor Services Representative
The Old North Church and Historic Site is currently interviewing for Visitor Services Representatives to staff our ticket/admission kiosks. Part-time seasonal positions are available. Applicants must be available to work through the end of November 2020. Weekend availability required.
As a Visitor Services Representative, you will be part of a close-knit and enthusiastic team committed to providing visitors with an excellent experience. You will welcome visitors from around the world, offer top notch customer service, and sell tickets for entry into the church and living history programs. As part of the admission team, you will be the first point of contact, setting the tone for our visitor’s experience.
- Cash Handling experience a must
- Proficient with computers
- Knowledge of the Boston area
- Ticketing experience preferred
- Outgoing personality
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Clean employment record
- Bilingual abilities a plus
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be ongoing until all available positions are filled. No phone calls, please. Candidates will be required to pass a complete background check.
March 15th, 2020
$13.50 per hour
Gift Shop Associate
The Old North Church and Historic Site is currently interviewing for associates at the Old North Gift Shop. Part-time, seasonal positions are available. As a gift shop associate, you will be part of a close-knit and enthusiastic team committed to providing visitors with an excellent shopping experience. You will welcome visitors from around the world, offer top-notch customer service, and sell an assortment of souvenirs, gift items, and tea. Gift shop associates will also be trained to sell tickets, providing a backup for our visitor services team.
- Point of sale and cash-handling experience
- Outgoing personality
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work some weekends and special events
- Ability to work well in a very fast paced environment.
- Flexible, reliable, and a team player
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference the position you are applying for in the subject line.
February 29, 2020
$13.50 per hour