The Old North Foundation (ONF) seeks a dynamic, visionary, and innovative leader to serve as its next Executive Director. Located in Boston’s historic North End, Old North’s mission is to promote the visibility and preservation of the Old North Church’s historical role in the birth of our nation. ONF is a secular non-profit organization that promotes the values of freedom, liberty and civic engagement through the interpretation and preservation of Old North Church and Historic Site, an enduring symbol of American independence.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and leads the development and implementation of initiatives and programs that broaden the visibility and support of Old North Church and its historical significance. The Executive Director is a relationship builder, an ambassador, and a fundraiser for Old North. The Executive Director is responsible for the financial management, interpretation, preservation, maintenance, and sustainability of the historic site as an educational resource to visitors and as a historical tourist destination.
The successful candidate for this position will have a history of success with an organization leading fund development, fiscal management, staff leadership, acuity, and marketing and creative talents. S/he will bring professional experience to lead the organization through a fresh strategic planning process that will set the stage for ONF for years to come.
To learn more about the position, CLICK HERE.
To apply in confidence please email a resume and cover letter to Susan Barry at email@example.com
- Ability to serve as the public spokesperson and collaborate with local historical sites/organizations to enhance local and national interest in Old North Church, the Boston Freedom Trail, Boston tourism and history more broadly.
- Proven fundraising leadership record for campaigns and capital projects. Must be comfortable sharing the Old North story and building a robust development effort for the organization.
- Experience with all facets of fund development for operations, programs, and capital projects from a wide variety of public, corporate, and individual sources.
- Demonstrated record as an effective manager and team builder with experience hiring, promoting, and managing a talented professional staff and cohort of committed volunteers.
- Experience working with an active and engaged Board of Directors. Ability to assist in the selection, evaluation, and orientation of new Board members.
- Oversight of annual and multiyear budgets. Ability to work in partnership with the Board to develop, review, and update the organization’s strategic plan and associated revenue streams.
- Capacity to serve as a bridge builder and partner with Christ Church in the City of Boston, and with community organizations, to communicate the site’s vision and values for students, local businesses and community leaders, visitors, historians, and anthropologists.
- A passion and enthusiasm for US history.
- Enthusiastic and skilled cultivator and steward of prospect and donor relationships.
- Embraces change, takes initiative and shapes organizational direction.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills including ability to work cooperatively with Board members, donors, staff, partners, and volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking, writing, persuasion and negotiation.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree and/or relevant leadership experience.
To apply in confidence
Please send cover letter and resume to Susan Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitor Services Representative
The Old North Church and Historic Site is currently interviewing for Visitor Services Representatives to staff our ticket/admission kiosks. Part-time seasonal positions are available. Applicants must be available to work through the end of November 2020. Weekend availability required.
As a Visitor Services Representative, you will be part of a close-knit and enthusiastic team committed to providing visitors with an excellent experience. You will welcome visitors from around the world, offer top notch customer service, and sell tickets for entry into the church and living history programs. As part of the admission team, you will be the first point of contact, setting the tone for our visitor’s experience.
- Cash Handling experience a must
- Proficient with computers
- Knowledge of the Boston area
- Ticketing experience preferred
- Outgoing personality
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Clean employment record
- Bilingual abilities a plus
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Interviews will be ongoing until all available positions are filled. No phone calls, please. Candidates will be required to pass a complete background check.
March 15th, 2020
$13.50 per hour
Gift Shop Supervisor
The Old North Church located in Boston’s North End is seeking a part time shop supervisor. This individual would work closely with the Director of Retail /Operations , Shop manager and existing staff in creating a wonderful shopping experience for the guests of the Old North. The shop supervisor would be responsible for opening and closing the store in the Managers absence. In addition, this individual would work closely with the Visitor Services Manager and be fully trained on campus admission sales. Other responsibilities would include processing mail orders, receiving inventory,greeting customers, running the cash register, tagging and processing inventory and general shop upkeep. Weekend availability and occasional weeknights required.
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Cash Handling experience a must!
- POS experience
- Retail experience required
- Superb customer service skills
- Fast learner
- Ability to work well in a very fast paced environment.
- Love of history a bonus.
- Familiar with Boston and the surrounding areas
This position is available now. The hours will be limited in January and February, but the intention would be to train someone to be able to fully be comfortable with the position by March, at which time the hours will increase.
Please apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line
$15.50 per hour