Welcome to Patriots Corner, where the people and stories of Old North take center stage. Discover how to make your voice heard and create meaningful change through this new & exciting interpretive space.
Located in the Clough House, along with Captain Jackson’s Historic Chocolate Shop, visitors are invited to learn, explore, and create through hands-on activities that examine what it means to be an active citizen. Visit Dear Professor Longfellow and discover the power of the written word and how you too can #BeLikeLongfellow!
Please note: Patriots Corner is a rotating exhibit that will conclude in December of 2018. Check back soon to uncover our plans for 2019!
The Professor is in!
Join Professor Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in his study and meet this literary celebrity, or a member of the Longfellow family, in person! Discover why he wrote his famous poem “Paul Revere’s Ride,” and learn how he inspired change on the eve of the Civil War while trying your own hand at writing!
Channel your inner Longfellow with a variety of hands-on activities:
- Craft a simple poem using magnetic poetry
- Test your penmanship with our cursive primer
- Contribute a line to a growing collaborative group poem
- Decorate and write a postcard about something you want to change in your community
- Mail a fan letter to the Professor himself