Gift Shop Reopening
Please note that this page will be updated regularly to reflect the most current information on Old North’s reopening process. Updated as of June 18th, 2020.
We are delighted to announce that the Old North Gift Shop is now open to the public! We’ve been working hard to ensure that we are properly prepared to welcome patrons back to our shop in the safest manner possible. This reopening is in accordance with the Phase II guidelines for retail provided by the city and state. Please see below for our health & safety protocols.
At this time, the rest of the Old North Church & Historic Site will remain closed until further notice following city/state guidelines.
Gift Shop Hours: Thursday-Sunday, 10am to 4pm
About our safety protocols:
See below for our COVID-19 Safety Plan. These policies adhere to the guidelines provided by the city of Boston and Massachusetts.
- Our staff will be regularly disinfecting high touch areas within the gift shop.
- Deeper cleaning will be performed at opening and closing daily.
- Staff will practice proper and thorough hand washing following breaks.
- Masks & gloves will be worn by staff members at all times while in the gift shop. Gloves will be changed regularly throughout the day.
- All staff and patrons must maintain at least a 6 feet distance between themselves and other “social distancing units”. Per Boston safety guidelines the capacity inside the gift shop will be 8 individuals (2 staff and 6 patrons) at any given time. Patrons may be asked to wait outside if the gift shop is currently at capacity.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn by all patrons entering the gift shop. Patrons who refuse to follow this policy will not be allowed inside.
- Physical distance markers will be prominently placed throughout the shop to help patrons navigate the space.
- Traffic flow in the gift shop will be primarily uni-directional.
- Plexiglass will be placed at the gift shop counter to limit face-to-face contact between staff and patrons.
- Patrons are encouraged to stay home if they are feeling ill.
- Staff are encouraged to check their temperature before each shift, and stay home if they have a fever or are feeling ill. Paid sick leave has been extended to all staff.
- In the event a staff member tests positive for COVID-19, Old North staff will follow the requirements set forth by the city/state.
For nearly 250 years, Old North has stood as a beacon of bravery, determination, and hope in the face of challenging times. With the gates to our iconic site closed to visitors for the foreseeable future, we face a critical funding shortfall that challenges our ability to continue the programming, visitor experience, and preservation that this national historic site deserves. Please consider making a gift to Old North today, to help sustain this valuable and active monument to the resiliency, initiative, and tenacity of the American spirit. When this crisis ends, and we are able to gather together once again, this monument will stand to remind us of our resolve to overcome adversity.