Below are a few guidelines that apply to all weddings that take place at Old North Church:
1. Old North is an open and affirming Episcopal church. All couples are welcome.
2. Old North can seat up to 400 guests.
3. At least one of the persons being married must be a baptized Christian.
4. A minimum of 90 days’ notice, dated from the first meeting with one of the clergy, is always required. Reserving a date six months or more in advance is highly recommended
5. When one or both parties have been previously married permission to solemnize the wedding must be sought from the Bishop and a minimum of 120 days’ notice is required.
6. Marriages are held at or after 6:00 pm, by candlelight.
7. Pre-marital counseling is required.
8. Attendance on at least three Sundays at Old North, or those of a parish in the home community, is required.
9. Guest clergy are welcome to assist in the ceremony.
The fee for the use of the church by non-members is $2,500 (including the $300.00 deposit) and includes:
• a general donation to support the maintenance of the church
• Clergy staff for four counseling sessions, the rehearsal and wedding ceremony
• Sexton, organist and administration fees
• The church’s peal of bells can be rung at the end of the ceremony for an additional $250.
Note: Final payment must be made before or at the final interview.
Transportation and Parking
There is no street parking available. Space in front of the church is generally secured for one limousine and possibly one additional car. The nearest parking facility is the North End Parking Garage, entrance at 600 Commercial Street. We recommend couples use Old Town Trolley to transport guests from and to their reception venue.
Recommended Reception Venue
The Fairmont Battery Wharf is a five-minute walk from the Old North Church and can accommodate wedding parties of up to 140 guests.